Let your ideas flow forth!

King Klang welcomes you to open up your brain boxes and let our Devs know of anything that you think would be a great addition to the game.

Go for it!
I'm here to help, old sport. Well, maybe...

Comments

• i would lpve to see live chat and maybe monsters in the main world ton
    get a small amount of exp. But all and all great game
  • Hey, @mrporter23! Thanks for your feedback.

We're working on a lot of new things related to playing with and against friends. Including a live chat, clans/teams, and challenging your friends.

These will all be in future updates, for sure!

- Jonathan
  • I love how you guys care to listen to the players. My ideas are-
    -jumping from a cliff with a parachute
    - dragging a key or something to open a door?
    - punching a player when you're behind
    - changing name or a login menu that you can sign in and sign off
    - a hook, teleporting as a item
    - a training race? That doesn't use your bolts
  • Hey, @pareidolia! Thanks for your great suggestions!

Jumping from a cliff with a parachute
    - This is cool! But, how would you see this working in gameplay? Do you have any mini-game ideas around this?

Dragging a key or something to open a door? - Actually, we have ideas on a bunch of single player story missions, like collecting parts to open a chest, or something similar that this. So, your key idea is very much in tune to what we're thinking. However, we want to get the social gameplay features out first (1 vs. 1 challenges, teams/clans) before we work on the solo missions.

punching a player when you're behind - We've also thought about this too, especially when you're neck-a-neck against another Runner. We've thought about a taser, too, which would work similarly to a punch.

changing name or a login menu that you can sign in and sign off - We'll be including a way to change your name, like as one final chance to do so. It's just difficult managing records and player info if players can change their names whenever they want to. I'll reply to your other Forum post about changing your name.

a hook, teleporting as a item - Actually, we've been thinking about a grappling hook, like in the Worms games. So this could become a reality!

a training race? That doesn't use your bolts - We'll have to think more about this, so I can't give you an answer. But, we're working on improving the Bolts system right now.

I hope this answers your questions! And, keep them coming!

- Jonathan

• Hey @pareidolia, love the parachute idea! I have an idea for a mini game, basically you jump from the cliff and make your way trough the level by stopping above blowers that keeps you in the air.
  • @DEV Jonathan the solo quest are just similar to all the races. its because i conclude that those co-racers are just some previous racers for you to beat since its not yet real-time and it will be a huge disaster for the server if it was. i just suggest to adjust the upgrades in skill tree and items such as limiting the numbers of upgrades in skill tree regarding to its character's level.

beyond this phrase are just some crazy imaginations of mine.

produce more branches in skill tree to have several option for the user to choose what kind of racer they want to be (just be careful not to make an OP skills).

make a page for us to suggest a race platform to be added in the game.

adjust the limit of bolts regarding to its level. or just increase the limit for everyone since its too addicting. OR increase the amount of -waiting time when you collect fruits.

add servers when exploring stages since its getting crowdy and its impossible to collect golds and fruits. it depends on you guys if you want to lessen the ammount of coins&fruits in an area to make some balances. OR lessen some meet up of account in an area when exploring since there's no sense YET because there is no party race in present version that will provide interactions. OR MAYBE monsters would be cool in explore area that will provide golds and fruits that will be distributed equally or regarding to the amount of damage dealt by a racer?

or maybe keep my mouth shut since my comment is too long. :smile:
  • pygathrix said:

@DEV Jonathan the solo quest are just similar to all the races. its because i conclude that those co-racers are just some previous racers for you to beat since its not yet real-time and it will be a huge disaster for the server if it was. i just suggest to adjust the upgrades in skill tree and items such as limiting the numbers of upgrades in skill tree regarding to its character's level.

beyond this phrase are just some crazy imaginations of mine.

produce more branches in skill tree to have several option for the user to choose what kind of racer they want to be (just be careful not to make an OP skills).

make a page for us to suggest a race platform to be added in the game.

adjust the limit of bolts regarding to its level. or just increase the limit for everyone since its too addicting. OR increase the amount of -waiting time when you collect fruits.

add servers when exploring stages since its getting crowdy and its impossible to collect golds and fruits. it depends on you guys if you want to lessen the ammount of coins&fruits in an area to make some balances. OR lessen some meet up of account in an area when exploring since there's no sense YET because there is no party race in present version that will provide interactions. OR MAYBE monsters would be cool in explore area that will provide golds and fruits that will be distributed equally or regarding to the amount of damage dealt by a racer?

or maybe keep my mouth shut since my comment is too long. :smile:

Hey! Noo....keep your mouth open! It's great to hear your thoughts. More Skills in the Skill Tree would be cool. At the moment, it'll take the average player a fair bit of time to Skill up that far to the point where there are no new Skills to upgrade, but more would be great. The only issue is making it work with the current UI.

I'll make a thread in the Forum for game modes, for sure!

We're working on the Bolt system, and you'll see an update to this in the next, umm.., update coming very, very soon.

Actually, we kinda like that it's a first come, first serve basis with the collectables in the Overall. The game is competitive, not just in Races. But, you can use this to your advantage. For example, if you start a Blue Time Coin, other players can help you collect them all, but you get the rewards!

Thanks and keep them coming!

- Jonathan
  • Hey!
    Love the 'battle against your friends' idea! This can be a scary move because it might change the game from the original concept. But still something cool to see in an amazing game like this.
  • Thanks, @pareidolia - We want ReRunners to be a social experience (if you want it to be).

I personally can't wait for this. I really want to kick the ass of my Facebook friends!
  • edited July 2016
    "Jumping off a cliff with a parachute"
    I agree with this idea, allow I think it needs to be expanded on.
    Maybe some race maps should have some special item the changes movement.
    Example, parachute power-up that gives really good glide.
    It takes effect on only that level.
    Example two, Winged Boots, tripple jump?
    Special levels that have unique items are really enjoyable.
  • edited July 2016
    What about the jetpack, it’s way more op than a parachute. You'd have to make it another mode. Something like the dkc2 level where you have to keep the balloons flying. Do you have any suggestions?
  • Really cool ideas!!!
  • I still don't know the purpose of levelling up in the game. I think every time you level up, there should be an increase of the maximum bolts
  • I still don't know the purpose of levelling up in the game. I think every time you level up, there should be an increase of the maximum bolts
  • I also think that there should be a way for us to communicate with our friends
  • edited August 2016
    I like the idea of increased bolts
    @yanz_carlo
  • @yanz_carlo - Hey! Thanks for your ideas. I'll be answering your question about the levelling in the AMA coming out soon.

And yes, we're working on an internal chat system, too!
  • hello Klang guys. new thoughts! if you're thinking about the "race against your friend" type of game. how about each player get to save their performance in each race track and the friendly challenger get to choose the track and try to beat it.
  • @pygathrix - this is pretty much what we're thinking!
  • Hi Klangs, pls add mfi support~ platformer game play best with controller^^