Are Races Live or Not? How Do They Work?

Hey, Runners!

Here's a little Q & A about Races in ReRunners, as this has been requested.

Q: Are Races in Real-Time?
A: They're not, no. They're recordings of real players.

Q: Why choose recordings over Real-Time Races?

A: This is because we want to eliminate any lag during Races; making them as smooth and exhilarating as possible!

Q: Can I pause a Race?
A: Yes! You'll see the pause button just to the right of the timer.

Q: Am I racing against AI or real players?
A: There are no AI Runners in ReRunners. All the Runners you see in the Overworld and Races are real people!!

Q: How is the end-of-race score calculated?
A: The main things that count towards your Race score are your time and placement, but the amount of Coins you collect and whether you manage to take out another Runner also factors into your score.

Q: Can I play against my friends?
A: Not at the moment, but we're working on it!

If you have any more questions, let me know below!

Comments

• When exploring around, are all those players that walk around and collect fruits in real time or arey they recordings like in races?
  • Hello ,
    i usually play the season/arena mode and have to run against lvl 100 players, but i'm only lvl 30 . Why is that like this?
    Please answer my question
  • edited August 2016
    @jonjonson first off, levels don't have anything to do with how fast your runner is. Arena is a ranking competition, the runners with the best runs ranks higher. You can't expect ranking as high as someone fully upgraded when you only have to race low level players, that would give you an advantage. Hope this answers your question.
  • @DEV Jonathan Another commonly asked questions: what gets recorded? Is it your best time? Most recent time? A calculated time? Random time? In arena I think it's the most recent time or the best time. In star races it seems to me that the time record is calculated to match or go below the other runners pace.
  • @Spolman They're recordings.
  • Spolman said:

When exploring around, are all those players that walk around and collect fruits in real time or arey they recordings like in races?

- These are also recordings
    jonjonson said:

Hello ,

i usually play the season/arena mode and have to run against lvl 100 players, but i'm only lvl 30 . Why is that like this?

Please answer my question

Kiddi said:

@jonjonson first off, levels don't have anything to do with how fast your runner is. Arena is a ranking competition, the runners with the best runs ranks higher. You can't expect ranking as high as someone fully upgraded when you only have to race low level players, that would give you an advantage. Hope this answers your question.

- Thanks for the great response, @Kiddi!
    - @jonjonson -Out of interest, what rank are you currently in?
    Kiddi said:

@DEV Jonathan Another commonly asked questions: what gets recorded? Is it your best time? Most recent time? A calculated time? Random time? In arena I think it's the most recent time or the best time. In star races it seems to me that the time record is calculated to match or go below the other runners pace.

Well, we record every single run, unless a Runner quits during the race. Recordings are matched up based on matchmaking, rather than anything super specific.