We want YOUR ideas for Social Features!

Hey, Runners!

Now that we've basically finished the final build, ready for global launch, we're now looking at more ideas for future updates.

We've already begun to go through a bunch of ideas for Social Features, but we really want your input!

For example, we're looking into Challenging your Friends, more in-depth chat systems, Clans and Teams, and various competitions...not to mention new game modes.

So, what social features will YOU like to see in ReRunners? Send us your thoughts below!

Comments

• Hey!

I would love to join this discussion but just to clarify, you're thinking about non real-time features? Or maybe you are thinking about temporary real-time features?

Best,
    Kiddi.
  • edited July 2016
    Hey!

I've got a lot of ideas to share. They are organized in three stages, social UI features, social race modes/features and social events.

UI ideas

Headjournal

Your own feed to show if you're currently online, progress, wardrobe and would be able to post status updates as in the current journal, but just viewable to the public. Not to many features though.

Trading system

I think trading would be a great way to make the game more playful because i have a hunch that there will be a lot of cool new and rare stuff in the future! One idea i have go head to head with the headjournal idea. Let's say your are browsing someones journal and the runner chose to make his wardrobe visible, you'd be browsing the wardrobe and you see something that would match perfectly with your disco guy head, then you'd be able to request a trade with that runner if he/she is currently online. You'd also be able to turn it off if you tend to get annoyed with trade request spamming. Another idea i could think of is a auction house, not to original but it gets the job done.

Matchmaking

The matchmaking is a bit off, at least for player with high upgrades, i rarely race with runners that can keep up with me. So i thought about a new matchmaking system i think you'd be interested in. Instead of levels you could make a new system called upgrade level, then you'd always be running against similarly upgraded runners. Lets say you have your base speed in level 7, jump in level 5, agility in level 3, double jump in level 2, sprint in level 1 and glide in level 2, (because of different upgrade times the row's level is multiplied with the number of the row), then your upgrade level would be 31 . This is just a random example of an calculation to give you an idea.

Race ideas

Alternative racing

I'll write all the alternatives i can think of now, you pick:
    Last runner standing.
    Trap race.(Raining bombs, invisible mines, hidden pits, slow and more)
    Mario bros race.(Run through ? to get a random item for one time use)
    Fixed items race.
    Random items race.
    No items race.
    Copy cat race.(all the runners have the same skills as the lowest upgraded runner during the race)
    Rpg race.(Race for completion of Kobbleflobs quests)
    Gelatin swim race.(The whole stage is made out of jelly)
    Labyrinth race.

Teams

The option to create or sign a contract with a team.

Team arena

Just an addition to the arena, you receive additional rewards as team .

Battle of the teams

I'm thinking of this as a team defend/attack competition, but each player has do run 1on1. This is played in 2 rounds. The team is defenders one round and attackers another round. My point is that each player on the defenders team is a boss of a certain level assigned to them and the attackers have to KO every boss. These battles would be performed with the use of team bolts, tb for short, separate bolt system from the other bolt system and are synced among the members(If one runner use a tb, all the other members lose one tb ). Tb should be earned when running as a team but, but there should also be an option to farm them slower by your self. The more team bolts you have, the more tries you have in a battle.

Event ideas

Tournaments

It would be great with tournaments on a monthly basis. I'm not sure how i'ts best to perform a tournament, but i have a vague idea. You start off with tournament bolts given to you at signup. Qualifiers round works like the arena, you use your tournament bolts to collect orbs over a period of time, and the top orb collectors proceed to the knockouts where you race other players 1on1. This could also work for teams.

Treasure island and treasure ruins

This is an idea that uses exploration. Once a month a island shows up on the map for one day. Before you go to this island you have to buy shovel. The idea is that you have one day to search for treasures. The chest's you find depends on its levels, bronze chests are hard to find and gold chests are super hard to find. The ruins also shows up once a month, has the same kind of concept as the island but just a different mission in a different environment.

That's it for now, i really hope you get some inspiration out of my ideas, thanks!

Best,
    Kiddi
  • Hey, @kiddi,

Once again, amazing ideas. We have shared these with the team!

A lot of this we have started working on, especially the team mechanic. As well as a matchmaking update.

Really appreciate your input!

Thanks,
    Jonathan
  • It would be great if u add a down button to get down platforms and also to do slides and get through obstacles(maybe future update)
  • Great idea!
  • This doesn't need to be added, but I would love to see a small lobby you can run around in before choosing a stage. This would be a good way to get new buddys and interact with each other.
  • Never mind, I just found the explore button :D
  • I agree with Kiddi. I would absolutley love to see alternative races added. How about some races with no items, big heads, and bombs only. This would be so fun for live multiplayer!
  • Hey, I'm new to the forums and game itself (btw I'm loving this game so far. Superb!! ] and I would suggest adding mini games a group of people can play while exploring, kinda like the tv concept but with mini games instead of videos! Keep rocking
  • Heu, @jvlivs - That's a really cool idea! We'll look into that..

Thanks!
  • -Allow players to race the ghosts of people on their friends list.

-Challenge a friend to beat any run you select.

To add to Kiddi's ideas: A mode where whoever in first is given a coin magnet. This puts emphasis on consistency, rather than just the end result. This would obviously be a lot more dynamic in a live race.
  • I was thinking and what about a mode that each player has a balloon and everyone needs to try to blow up the balloons of each other. (probably using a bomb or something)

It should be fun. :D
  • @Istinah blow up balloons using bombs? lol, that could be fun, exaggerated like the rest of the game xD
  • @xzamplez - We're working on being able to challenge your friends on your friends list right now!

@Istinah - I agree with you and @Kiddi - this would be a bunch of fun! Kinda reminds me of Mario Kart 64.
  • I Well like to seey this Game. Modes
    1-Dead Run
    2-Team Dead Match
    3-Infected game mode 30plauers in one lobby THE infected neet to kill THE survival s and THE survival s have a gun and THE infected have knifes i hoop you add this Game Mode in. THE future:)
  • I don't normally play ios games, but this one got me hooked! Have you thought about including a level-editor? Would be awesome to share our own maps.
  • Craft your own base like a mini world where you can buy decorations and houses to live in(you start off in a cave)
  • ferhat said:

I Well like to seey this Game. Modes
    1-Dead Run
    2-Team Dead Match
    3-Infected game mode 30plauers in one lobby THE infected neet to kill THE survival s and THE survival s have a gun and THE infected have knifes i hoop you add this Game Mode in. THE future:)

Great suggestions! Actually, there are a few here that we're looking into!
    LaMigra said:

I don't normally play ios games, but this one got me hooked! Have you thought about including a level-editor? Would be awesome to share our own maps.

We'd love to be able to do this. However, it's a very tricky feature to implement. Plus, it would also be hard to populate recordings asynchronously.
    Kiddi said:

Craft your own base like a mini world where you can buy decorations and houses to live in(you start off in a cave)

We're also throwing around ideas of home bases for clans, which would be awesome. But of course, these are just ideas at the moment.

• It would be cool if each runner had a house where he or she could add furniture & pets and invite friends so they can hangout or have a party! :)
  • @StarringJulia - Nice idea. We're thinking of something similar!
  • @DEV Jonathan home bases for clans sounds nice, something you have to upgrade, I personally think it's a great way to get members to contribute to their clan. Who doesn't want the most badass base?

@StarringJulia nice someone is thinking something similar to me! I think the only way to bring pets into rerunners is to be able to ride them in an alternative game mode, something alternative to running, I'm thinking flying. The pets could vary from a flying chihuahua to a pegasus or a dragon.
  • edited August 2016
    @DEV Jonathan YAY!! I ❤️ this game! It's nice to see the developers very dedicated to their work - you don't see that in every game.
  • Hahaha! Great suggestions, guys!
  • i agree with @Kiddi
    i love to bring pets to the game! can we add that? atleast let them follow us in our races like a ghost. and that would be something to add in the shop and brag about it. :smile:

and @StarringJulia has a good suggestion with the mini house where you could show your closet and badges.

i just hope that this wont need a large storage for the server to have these things.

can i ask? is it a good idea if we let those individual storage to be kept in theyre game center (for ios) (i dont know about other phone) so that the server wont have to store all those things? or you'll have to pay a large amount for it?